New Mexican Restaurant...yum!


ceviche

the inside of the retaurant

Joey and I enjoying our margaritas...yum

Last night, Joey and I went to try a new restaurant at Corn Hill Landing. It is called Chayote Mexican Cuisine. We go to Corn Hill Landing for a couple of other good restaurants (Siam, Virtu), so we thought we would try this one out. 

Joey and I decided to sit at the bar area, which was nice cuz we were the only ones at it. We asked the waiter for two beers and he let us know that because they opened not to long ago that they did not yet have a liquor license. Well no worries....he said we could go to the corner liquor store and bring back whatever we wanted. So.....I walked over and got us a big bottle of Margarita and a small bottle of Tequila. The waiter guy hooked us up with some glasses and salt for the rims and it was perfect. 
 
I absolutely LOVED our meal, it was delicious.  They start you off with homemade chips and salsa....who doesn't love that?! Then we had two appetizers...the Ceviche and some other one with pablano peppers. The Ceviche was totally awesome!!!! I will definitely go back there just to have that. It was tilapia fish with sliced avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime and citrus juice. YUM! It reminded me of conche salad we had in the Bahamas. To complete our meal we split the beef enchiladas. 

I totally recommend this restaurant. I like it better than Salena's and Blue Cactus in Fairport. Try it out!!!

 check out this great pic of the ceviche that a photographer took...

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Can we hit up this place for restuarant club or what?! SOUNDS YUM